Your Connection To Jazz, Blues and NPR News
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations

2 Bellingham dogs die from eating mushrooms

BELLINGHAM, Wash. – A Bellingham couple whose dogs died from eating mushrooms in their yard want others to know about the danger to pets.

Renee and Bill Bliss were away from home Nov. 2 when their adult son Dustin found one of their pugs dead and the other in bad shape with vomiting and diarrhea. It was later put down.

The Bellingham Herald reports tests confirmed their dogs Milo and Maggie had eaten poisonous mushrooms.

Renee Bliss says people with mushrooms in their yard should take steps to protect pets and small children.

The Associated Press (“AP”) is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. On any given day, more than half the world’s population sees news from the AP. Founded in 1846, the AP today is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. The AP considers itself to be the backbone of the world’s information system, serving thousands of daily newspaper, radio, television, and online customers with coverage in text, photos, graphics, audio and video.