Donate Your Car
Your car donation will support KNKX’s jazz, blues, and local and NPR news programs, which serve listeners in Seattle, Tacoma, and much of the Puget Sound region. KNKX proudly partners with the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program to accept vehicle donations and relies on listeners like you to deliver your favorite national programs such as Wait Wait..Don’t Tell Me! and All Things Considered. Operating a network of 12 radio signals that cover Western Washington, KNKX reaches 325,000 listeners weekly. When you donate your car, truck, motorcycle, boat, or RV to KNKX, you'll receive a tax deduction while supporting your favorite Seattle-Tacoma NPR News Station.
How to donate your vehicle
1. Answer Vehicle Questions — Fill out the donation form to provide KNKX with information about your vehicle donation, including the year, make, model, VIN, and condition.
2. Schedule Free Pick Up — Provide us with information about yourself and where the vehicle will be picked up. A towing agent will contact you within 24-48 hours to schedule a pick up time most convenient for you.
3. Track Your Car Donation — After you submit your vehicle donation, you will receive a confirmation email with access to your Donor Console. From your Donor Console, you can track your car donation in real-time, submit documents, and get title and tax information. Once your car is sold, you’ll receive a confirmation email that includes a tax deductible receipt.
Stories from our donors
“This workhorse joined us when our family of three grew to a family of five. During her 23 years and 180,000 miles, she delivered hours of jazz, blues, and NPR news courtesy of KNKX. Kids grew as kids do, and my husband and I moved out of Washington. But we still wanted to donate the car to our favorite radio station. Thank you, Sienna and KNKX, for the many years of faithful, excellent service!”
“The scooter was one of a large lot of scooters that was being purchased by the NYC police department for use by their officers. It was taken out to Long Island, New York and used around the Greenport/Shelter Island area for a few summers, then transported to Seattle, WA when I took an aerospace job. That's where I started to listen to the Blues with John Kessler and why I thought of KNKX when it came time to leave the area.”
“I've enjoyed a lot of blues, driving on weekend nights, listening to KNKX while driving this baby.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I donate my car in Washington state?
KNKX Public Radio is the source of jazz, blues, and quality news that has served the Pacific Northwest since 1966. Your car donation will support the music and news programming that serves the Western Washington community.
Why should I donate my car to KNKX?
There are many car donation programs on the internet making heartfelt appeals for vehicles, but only a small number of these programs actually make a difference to the charity. KNKX offers complete transparency on where your car donation is going, who it’s helping, and how it’s going to get there.
What types of vehicles does KNKX accept?
We gratefully accept almost all car donations. We also accept donated trucks, motorcycles, boats, snowmobiles, trailers and recreational vehicles. Boats and planes may require a call to see if they meet minimum criteria. You can donate your car online or by calling us at 1-877-215-0227.
Can you donate a car without a title in Washington state?
Most car donations require a clear title. If you can’t find your title, you’ll have to apply for a duplicate by completing an Affidavit of Loss/Release of Interest form. Instructions on how to sign your Washington title can be found here or you can call us at 1-877-215-0227.
How much of the money from the sale of my vehicle is returned to KNKX?
Donating a car or other vehicle to charity can be a confusing decision. Many charity car donation programs promise to help the charities but are run by third-party processors that return very little to the charity. Our partners at Car Donation Wizard return 75-80% of the gross selling price for car donations back to KNKX, the highest of any vehicle donation program!
What documentation will be provided for my tax return?
Within 30 days of the sale of your vehicle, you will receive an email with a receipt that includes:
- The gross selling price of your car, if sold for greater than $500. If your car sells for $500 or less, you can deduct $500 or your car's fair market value, whichever is less.
- Vehicle year, make, model, and VIN.
- A statement that the vehicle was sold at arms-length between two unrelated parties.
- A statement that no good or services were received in return for your donation.
Still have questions on donating your car to KNKX Public Radio?
Click here for answers to all your KNKX car donation questions.
Donate your vehicle today
Start your donation online below or call 877-215-0227 to donate by phone.Donate Now