KNKX Take the Mic
- Hosted by Ashley Gross
First we had a global pandemic. Now, people are marching in the streets over police brutality against Black people. How are YOU making sense of the world? How has YOUR life changed?
KNKX's Take the Mic youth voices series is a way to turn the "microphone" over to teens and kids. We want to hear from you - and maybe share your story on the radio!
PLEASE PICK JUST ONE OR TWO QUESTIONS AND ANSWER IN-DEPTH
- Have you taken to the streets to protest? If so, why? What was that experience like?
- How have you been affected by racism? Do you have specific stories you can share?
- What are your fears right now? What brings you peace?
- Since the pandemic hit, how has your life changed? Are your parents working outside the home? Interview them about what that's like and what their worries are.
- Describe a recent happy moment in detail! We all need a bit of joy
EASY VERSION: Take out your phone. Hit record on the voice memo app and speak! Pick one or more of the questions to answer and tell us about your life, your thoughts, your feelings, your experiences. Email that audio (we’re looking for at least a few minutes’ worth) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your full name, age, school, grade and a phone number so we can call you back to get permission to broadcast it.
MORE ADVANCED VERSION: Record your thoughts, feelings, stories into your voice memo app, answering one or more of the questions above. And then interview a family member to get their perspective! Send all of that audio to email@example.com. Include your full name, age, school, grade and a phone number so we can call you back to get permission to mix the audio together in a radio story and broadcast it.
We look forward to hearing from you!