KNKX Take the Mic
- Hosted by Ashley Gross
Are you a teen with a story to tell?
KNKX's Take the Mic youth voices series is a way to turn the "microphone" over to teens and kids. All you need is a smart phone and a voice recording app. Below are some suggested questions to answer, but maybe you have something else you want to talk about – that’s great, too. And bonus points if you also interview a family member or a friend!
Here are some suggested questions... or tell us about something else:
- You're probably doing online school. Tell us about it! Do you help siblings with their work?
- We've lived through a lot this year - how do you think you've changed?
- What are your worries right now? What brings you peace?
- Have you taken part in protests over racism and police brutality? What was that experience like? Are you taking more action to push for change?
- Do you have family members who are frontline workers? Maybe interview them about how their jobs have changed and what their worries are.
- Describe a recent happy moment in detail! We all need a bit of joy!
EASY VERSION: Take out your phone. Hit record on the voice memo app and speak! Pick one or more of the questions to answer and tell us about your life, your thoughts, your feelings, your experiences. Email that audio (we’re looking for at least a few minutes’ worth) to email@example.com. Include your full name, age, school, grade and a phone number so we can call you back to get permission to broadcast it.
MORE ADVANCED VERSION: Record your thoughts, feelings, stories into your voice memo app, answering one or more of the questions above. And then interview a family member to get their perspective! Send all of that audio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your full name, age, school, grade and a phone number so we can call you back to get permission to mix the audio together in a radio story and broadcast it.
We look forward to hearing from you!