Sample communications for your GiveBIG FUNdraise campaign
For more ideas visit the Toolkit for FUNdraisers
Sample Initial Posts: April 15 - May 4
- I am so excited to be a part of #GiveBIG! You can help me support my favorite cause, KNKX, by visiting [link to your GiveBIG page] and donating on May 5-6.
- I support jazz, blues, and NPR news on KNKX Public Radio, and I am raising funds for this important cause between April 15 and May 6 for #GiveBIG! If you’d like to help me do this, please donate at [link to your GiveBIG page]
Sample Day of Posts: May 5-6
- #signalboost my giving campaign for KNKX by sharing this post and donate TODAY ONLY! #makeithappen [link to your GiveBIG page]
- I need your help! Your #donation will help me reach my goal to raise $____ for KNKX Public Radio and support accurate news and inspiring music at a time when it’s needed most. Please #GiveBIG TODAY. [link to your GiveBIG page]
Sample Thank You Post: May 7
- Thank you to all who donated during #GiveBIG yesterday! Together we raised $_____ for #KNKXPublicRadio.
Tag us! We’d love to see your posts.
Sample Initial Email: April 22 - May 4
Subject: Can I count on you?
I am so excited to be a part of something so important in this world and I want you to join me. On May 5 and 6, tens of thousands of people are showing their support for their favorite nonprofits through GiveBIG Washington 2020. I am donating [$xxx] to KNKX and if [xx] people join me and give [$xx] or more, I’ll reach my goal of [$xxxx]. The money we raise will support local public radio, which is providing a vital news and music service to our community, especially now. KNKX matters to me personally because [add your own specific message]. I know this cause also matters to you because [include a note that connects to your reader(s)].
Here’s how you can make an impact:
- Mark May 5 and 6 on your calendar and save this link [https://www.givebigwa.org/knkx] to give your donation. You can also give now! Any level of donation will help me reach my goal.
- Follow me on [links to your social media accounts] and share my GiveBIG posts.
- Spread the word! Tell your friends and family why you support KNKX through #GiveBIGWA.
Forward this email to your family, colleagues, and friends along with a personal note about why you believe in this cause and invite them to join you in giving to nonprofits like KNKX across
Washington on May 5-6.
Together, we can enact real, tangible change by donating to KNKX. I can’t wait to celebrate with you the difference we will make when we #GiveBIG May 5-6!
Thank you for your support!
Sample Day of Email: May 5 - 6
Subject: Do something amazing today!
Today’s a BIG day to GiveBIG! Join me and thousands of other change makers who are showing their support for their favorite nonprofits. Today is our chance to make a real difference, right here in your community. Your support would mean a great deal to me.
I am raising funds for KNKX, an organization dedicated to ensuring our region has a trusted source for local and NPR news and a place to turn for respite and entertainment with jazz and blues . I am at xx% of my goal to raise $___. If [xx] people to each give [$xx] or more, I’ll reach my goal!
Our community is depending on KNKX and public radio more than ever before, and your donation makes a tangible difference. I hope you will join me in celebrating GiveBIG with your gift today!
Thank you for your support!
Sample Thank You Email to Donors: May 7 - 9
Subject: Thanks to you…
Thank you for supporting my GiveBIG campaign. I am very grateful for your generous donation to KNKX! Together with other donors we raised $________ for public radio! I believe in the mission of KNKX and their work in our community. I am so lucky to have a community of friends and family that supports my passion for building an informed and inspired community through trustworthy journalism and vibrant music.
Thank you again for your support!