Salare is a chef-driven neighborhood restaurant, nestled in the heart of Ravenna in North Seattle. We capture America’s diverse culture of food with influences from America’s South, Africa, Europe and the Caribbean Islands.
In partnership with @LEEInitiative and @chefedwardlee, Salare will be turning into a relief center for any restaurant worker who has been laid off or has had a significant reduction in hours and/ or pay, starting Monday March 23. With the help of @makersmark, we are offering help for those in dire need of food and supplies. Each night, we will pack hundreds of to go dinners that will be offered to recently unemployed restaurant workers. Dinners are offered on a first come first serve basis. Limit 1 to a person unless there is an emergency situation.
We will also have other supplies on hand for those in need, on a limited basis. We will continue to offer this program throughout the quarantine period or until we can no longer financially support the program.
We are accepting donations in the way of money, food, toiletries, and more. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Pick up your dinners at Salare, 2404 NE 65th Street
• This program will be offered 7 days a week until otherwise notified.
• Pick up time is 3pm to 7pm nightly.
• No one is allowed entry into the restaurant in order to minimize exposure. There will be staff on hand to organize and hand out meals.
• We ask everyone to be patient should there be long lines and follow the distancing regimen we have in place.
• Depending on demand, we will be offering 250 to 300 dinners a night, first come first serve.
• We will not be handing out disposable cutlery.